This document is from Lee Munson's research in Etne, Norway. It was translated. It has been scanned in and I haven't corrected all the resulting errors. As usual the ancestors of Henry (Halvorsen) Lee are in bold.
The Tvedten - (Tveito) Family at Etne
XI. b. Aamund b. 1772, moved to Tvedten at Etne and was living there in 1814. He married:
- widow Ragnhild Tvedten, Child of 1st marriage:
- a) Metta, born ca. 1805.
- Anna Hansdtr. Frette at Etne. Children of 2nd marriage:
- b) Britha, born ca. 1810,
- c) Marta (see below)
- d) Katrine (see below),
- e) Ragnhild, married to Knud Eide, west (Pileboen) at dlen.
- Anund Knudsen Duberg at blen, died single,
- Kari, married to Tor Steffensen Nerheim, blen, a son in Bergen,
- Knut(?) in America,
- Brylla, married to shoemaker Andersalen, 1 son, shoemaker Andersen at blen,
- f) Anna, married to Lars Vik from Fjeldbergsund. They moved to INaes at Kleive i Romedal, where he was a merchant. Children:
- Lars Larsen Vik, merchant and hotel owner at Naes,
- Peder Larsen Vik. Children:
- a) Ellen-Anna,
- b) Lars Vik, lived on the farm Fagerlid,
- Anna Larsdtr., married to Tor HavardTholm, forvikbuRt, Nordmore. Children:
- a) Ttils Havardsholm, teacher in Oslo,
- b) Peder Havardshol-T, macininist, died in Antwerp,
- c) Trygve Havardsholm, sailor,
- d) l~lart.T, married to `+ils Miy7.;lebust, director o: agricultural school,
- e) Hilda Havardsholm, residing in Oslo,
- f) INanna havardsholm, teacher of home economics in Oslo,
- g) Alvhild in Oslo,
- h) Aslaug in Oslo,
- g) Margrethe Amundsdatter, married to Peder 5,jovangen, Fjeldberg, several children,
- h) Kristine, died single.
XII. a. Metta Amundsdtr. Ve, born ca. 1805, married to Syver (Sjur) Olsen Haland at Etne. They went to America with 9 children in 1846. Syver died on the way to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The children spelled their name Holland. They were:
- a) Ole Holland, farmer in Iowa,
- b) Erik S. Holland, born in 1834, farrier in Kendall County, Illinois, married to 1) Johanne Chantland (Tjentland in Rrdal), died 1884, no children, 2) Christine Petterson from Skien. Children: 1) Randolph Holland born 1887, linglis'n teacher at St. Olaf College, married to Edith Berg, 2) Marie, born 1888, 3) Olga, born 1890, 4) Elmer, born 1893,
- c) Bjorn S. Holland, born 1841, died 1930, teacher and farmer at Moscow, Wisconsin. He was one of the founders of the village Hollandale which started on his farm. Sat in the Wisconsin National Assembly,
- d) Syver S. Holland, died 1884, teacher and farmer at Moscow, son Syver J. Holland at Madison, Wisconsin, died 1939, 66 years old,
- e) Christen Holland, farmer at Moscow, justice of the peace,
- f) Haldor S. Holland, died 1872, participated in the Civil War, lived in Iowa County, Wisconsin,
- g) Amund S. Holland, in Iowa, son Sever A. Holland, born 1858, died 1934,
lived in Thomson,
- d) Svein, died in an accident, single,
- e) Erik Amundsen, married to Sina Henriksdtr. Osnes, in America,
- f) Gunnar Amundsen, married to Rasmusdtr. Frette, in America,
- g) Rasmus Amundsen, married to Ingeborg Knutsdtr. Kaldestadbakken at Etne. Children:
1) Anna, 2) Knut, 3) Amund.
XIII. c. Hans Eriksen Tvedten, teacher and precentor at Sauda. Married to Ragnhild Aartun, Sauda. Child:
- a. Iorun, married to teacher Kristen Arnestad from Nordfjord. Children: 1) Kari, 2) Ragnhild, 3) Kristine, 4) Britha, married to Olstein Birkeland, Sauda. Children: 1) Hanna, 2) Marie, 3) Johanne, 4) Ragnhild, 5) Aslaug, 6) Sigve, 7) Hans, 8) Eylaug, 9) Olstein,
- c) Elicla, married to teacher Johannes Rougstad from Voss, Haga at Romerike, several children,
- d) Anna, married to teacher Nils Eidhammer, Vats. Children: 1) Hakon, 2) Fritgof, 3) Torstein, 4) Nils, 5) Gertrud, 6) Kristine, 7) Solveig,
- e) Torstein H. Tvedten, married to Miss Aga, in America, several children,
- f) Laura, married to Halfdan Helr.ers, in America, 2 children.
XIII. g. Erik Tvedten, born 1856, died 1934, office manager in Stavanger. He was married to Ingeborg Abelsdtr. Boksnes, Kvinnherad, born 1871 (see Boksnes family). Children:
XII. c. Marta Amundsdtr. Tvedten was married to Halvor Gotskalksen, Skjold
at Etne. Children:
- a) ErliTTg Tvedten, born 1891, died 1936, employee, single,
- b) Abel Tvedten, b. 1892, manager of Rogaland County Power Plant, residing at Stavanger, married to Asgjerd Helliesen, Stavanger. Children: 1) Kari, 2) Ingeborg, 3) Ole,
- c) Sigurd Tvedten, b. 1893, reapportioning surveyor in SUnnhordland, residing at Etne, married to Inga Halvorsdtr , Skjold. Children:
1) Erik, 2) Harald, 3) Synnove,
- d) Inge Tvedten, born 1895, died 1933, dentist in Stavanger, married to Gudrun Lono.
Children: 1) Inge, 2) Gunnar,
- e) Ragnvalcl Tvedren, born 1897, mate in Bergen, married to Fredrikke Buchholtz. Children: l) Erik, 2) Henrik,
- f) Arnold Tvedten, born 1900, died 1933, employee in Stavanger, married to Bergljot Pedersen, son Fredrik,
- g) Synnove Tvedten, born 1906, employee in Stavanger, single.
- a) Amund (see below)
- b) Gotskalk, went to America,
- c) Oistein Halvorsen.
- Halvor 0., residing at Fjosne, went subsequently to America, died single,
- Margrethe, married widower Endre Heggen, Olen. Children: a) Ingeborg, b) Endre, and probably more,
- d. Anna Halvorsdtr., senior , went to America,
- e. Anna, junior, went to America,
- f. Hans Halvorsen Skjold, went to America, where he calls himself Hans Lee, married twice, several children,
- g) Halvard H. Skjold, shoemaker - at the seminary at Stord, son Andreas Haga, Stord,
- h) Margrethe, married to Gunnar Inbjoa. Children: 1) Gunnar and 2) a daughter.
XIII. a. Amund Halvorsen Skjold, married to Sonneva Sjoleite, Oino. Children: a) Halvor, (see below) b) Odd Amundsen, residing at Skjold, married to Anna Tollefsdtr., Hovland at Etne. Children: 1) Alfred, 2) Severin, 3) Tollef, 4) Ingeborg, 5) Johannes, 6) Olga, c) Ingeborg Amundsdtr., died single, d) Martha, residing at Flate at Etne, daughter Gina married to Gunnar Olsen Flate.
X1V. a. Halvor Amundsen Skjold was married to 1) Martha Klovbrekke, Frette, 2) Britha Fosse. Child from first marriage: a) Severine. In second mtrriage: b) Martha, single, c) Amund Halvorsen, married to Sisilie Saetre, Bremne.s, d) Sigvald H. Skjold, Odda, mtrried to Ingebjorg Digernes, e) Britha, married to Thorvald Stue, Alvik, f) Anna, single, g) Inga, married to Sigurd Tvedten (see above).
XII. d. Katrine Amundsdtr. Tvedten, was mrarried to Osmund Thorsen Ekrheim at Etne. Child: Anna, married to 1) Mads Rygg, residing at Skjeldal at Etne, 2) Hakon Ellingsen. Of the 2nd marriage, no children. Child of the 1st marriage:
- a) Severine, single.
- b) Amund Osmundsen Ekrheim, married to Lisbeth Pedersdtr. Fosse. Children:
- Osmund Amundsen, born ca. 1887, married to Martir.e Larsdtr. Kambo in America,
- Peder, born ca. 1888, in America, single,
- Katrine, born 1889, single, Ekreim,
- Sigrid, born 1891, in America, single,
- Tor, twins, born 1893, single, at Etne,
- Ole, born 1895, Ekreim, single,
- c) Britha Osmundsdtr., married to widower Jone Vae, residing at Rygg. Children: 1) Barbro, married to farmer Hans O. Slettebo, Egersund parish, 6 children, 3) Anna, died 1929, married to Th. Kaada, merchant at Olen, later at Jorpeland, 8 children,
- d) Osmund Ekrheim, born 1859, died 1941, merchant, hotel owner and steamships' agent at Olen. Married to Anna Olsen from Haugesund. Children: 1) Toralf Ekrheim, merchant and steamships' agent at Olen, married to Bertha Haraldseid, Skjold, 2 boys, 2) Anna, married to Johannes Hovda, farmer at Randoy in Fister, 5 children, 3) Olav Ekrheim, married to Helga Sverdrup, both teachers in Stavanger, childless, 4) Kasper Ekrheim, wholesaler in Oslo, married to Inger Byhre-Hansen, Oslo, 1 boy, 5) Katrine Ekrheim, telephone operator at Olen, 6) Agnes, married to Olav Kaspar Chsitiansen, baker at Olen, 2 children, 7) SirPon Ekrheim, merchant at Olen, married to Anna Lunde, Olen, 5 children, 8) Erling Ekrheim, department .....